Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed plan and URL name for new VM to download xen tarballs (ftp.xenproject.org)

Lars Kurth writes ("Proposed plan and URL name for new VM to download xen
tarballs (ftp.xenproject.org)"):
> To fix this, the current plan of record is to
> - Copy existing tarballs to an existing or new VM
> - To expose that VM via the new public URL ftp.xenproject.org (this is
> non-browsable, thus ftp - we also already have
> https://downloads.xenproject.org/ to host legacy content)
> - To only publish new tarballs on https://ftp.xenproject.org
> - To update http://xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives.html to use the new
> VM

We should consider whether the release tarballs (and ancient Xen 3.x
docs archive) could be put on https://downloads.xenproject.org/.

Looking at the webserver directory listing there suggests that we
could fit the `new' content alongside the old.

> We would either keep existing tarballs on bits.xensource.com OR - if we have
> sufficient control - implement a 301 redirect to the new site. This would
> ensure that 3rd party links to tarballs are not broken.

We might be able to manage that.

Ian.