Re: [Xen-devel] HVMOP_guest_request_vm_event only works from guest in ring0

My workaround for now is just something like

     int mode = hvm_guest_x86_mode(curr);

     uint32_t eax = regs->eax;

+    if(eax == 0xFACE) {
+        hvm_event_guest_request();
+        return 1;
+    }
+

     switch ( mode )
     {
     case 8:

This way I don't have to worry about if it's a 32 or 64 bit guest. As
long as I set EAX to 0xFACE before VMCALL, I can define my own calling
convention for the rest of the registers.

Might not be what you'd want, but just thought I'd share.