[Xen-devel] Xen 4.8 Development Update

This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
woulk like to see in 4.8 so that people have an idea what is going on and
prioritise accordingly.

You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
working on.

= Timeline =

We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
year. The upcoming 4.8 timeline are as followed:

* Last posting date: September 16, 2016
* Hard code freeze: September 30, 2016
* RC1: TBD
* Release: December 2, 2016

Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
that wish to go into 4.8 must be posted no later than the last posting
date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
into next release.

RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.

= Projects =

== Hypervisor ==

*  Make credit2 default scheduler for Xen
  -  Dario Faggioli

*  Boot Xen on EFI platforms using GRUB2 (multiboot2 protocol)
  -  Daniel Kiper

=== x86 ===

*  Allow ioreq server interface to support XenGT
  -  Yu Zhang
  -  Paul Durrant

*  PVHv2 support
  -  Roger Pau Monne

*  vNVDIMM support
  -  Haozhong Zhang

=== ARM ===

*  ITS emulation (Dom0 only)
  -  Andre Przywara

*  Xen ARM DomU ACPI support
  -  Shannon Zhao

*  Alternative patching support
  -  Julien Grall

*  Altp2m for ARM
  -  Sergej Proskurin

== Toolstack ==

*  Make ACPI builder available to components other than hvmloader
  -  Boris Ostrovsky

*  Libxl PVSCSI support
  -  Olaf Hering

*  Load BIOS via toolstack
  -  Anthony Perard

*  Libxl depriv QEMU
  -  Ian Jackson

*  Logging solution for Xen system
  -  Wei Liu

== Mini-OS ==

*  Mini-os ballooning support
  -  Juergen Gross

== Testing ==

*  Have OSSTest running XTF tests
  -  Wei Liu
  -  Andrew Cooper
  -  Ian Jackson

== Completed ==

*  Clean up all hard-coded paths in toolstack code
  -  Wei Liu

*  Refactor libxl device handling framework
  -  Juergen Gross

*  IOMMU flush issue
  -  Quan Xu

*  Refactor XSM policy