[Xen-devel] Root partition problem

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Waqar Khan <waqar.khan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 11:11:00 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:11:11 +0000

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to version 7 and noticed the root partition is 3.5GB. I’m having to delete logs regularly and cant keep many historical logs.

Is there any way I can either extend the root partition ( I have local storage so I was not able to extend upon upgrade).

Is there any way I can add a new partition and mount it under var/log and store logs in there?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The information contained in this email or any of its attachments is confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may not be disclosed to, copied, distributed or used by anyone else without our express permission. If you receive this communication in error please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your systems. This email is not intended to and does not create legally binding commitments or obligations on behalf of Hornbill Service Management Limited which may only be created by hard copy writing signed by a director or other authorized officer. Any opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Hornbill Service Management Limited are unauthorized and neither given nor endorsed by it. Although Anti-Virus measures are used by Hornbill Service Management Limited it is the responsibility of the addressee to scan this email and any attachments for computer viruses or other defects. Hornbill Service Management Limited does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any nature, however caused, which may result directly or indirectly from this email or any file attached.

Hornbill Service Management Limited. Registered Office: Apollo, Odyssey Business Park, West End Road, Ruislip, HA4 6QD, United Kingdom. Registered in England Number: 3033585.