Re: [Xen-devel] OVMF very slow on AMD

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 12:08:04PM +0100, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> I can try to describe how OVMF is setting up the memory.

From the start of the day:
setup gdt
cr0 = 0x40000023

jump to 32bit
cr4 = 0x640

setup page tables:
page directory attributes: (PAGE_ACCESSED + PAGE_READ_WRITE + PAGE_PRESENT)
page tables attributes: (PAGE_2M_MBO + PAGE_ACCESSED + PAGE_DIRTY +
PAGE_READ_WRITE + PAGE_PRESENT)
I think they map the all 4GB with 2MB pages.
set cr3.

enable PAE
set LME
set PG

jump to 64bit

I think that's it, before running this painfully slow decompression
function.

Is there something wrong, or maybe missing? Is the hypervisor or maybe
the hardware does not do the right thing?

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD