Re: [Xen-devel] MEM_SHARING_DEBUG

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:51:33AM +0430, sepanta s wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 02:37:29PM +0430, sepanta s wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > how to does MEM_SHARING_DEBUG works in xen ?
> > > This function is located at and its internal structure is
> > > xen/arch/x86/mm/mem_sharing.c
> > > <
> > https://github.com/mirage/xen/blob/a6f2cdb633bf519244a16674031b8034b581ba7f/xen/arch/x86/mm/mem_sharing.c
> > >
> > > debugtrace_printk("*mem_sharing_debug*: %s(): " _f, __func__, ##_a)
> > > , so where the logs are being saved?
> >
> > From reading the code it can be configured to go to the hypervisor
> > console. You then can use xl dmesg to view it.
> >
> > Should I change the mem_debug_share to printk you mean?

No. I think the output can go to console if you configure it properly.

how can I configure it ?

You can change that to printk if you want to, but I don't think that's
absolutely necessary.

> dmesg buffer is limited and I miss some debugging info.
>

> > Note that you need to have a debug hypervisor to have debugtrace
> > support. Then you can use xl debug-keys T to toggle whether the output
> > goes to console directly or goes to internal buffer.
> >
> >  I have enabled debugging in xen as I changed debug:= y in Config.mk.
> But after compilation and reboot, when I select booting from xen hypervisor
> in the grub menu, my ubuntu goes beyond the initialzing ram and then it
> reboots.
> Am I missing something?

I don't think it is related to MEM_SHARING_DEBUG.

no it is not related to MEM_SHARING_DEBUG,
I think it is because of compiling xen in debug mode.
Wei.