[Xen-devel] Xen, systemd, and selinux

Hey Michael,

Not sure if you know, I've been maintaining the Xen4CentOS packages; I
suspect given the similarities between our systems we're solving the
same issues; particularly with the systemd/selinux combination.

I've just ported my patchqueue up to 4.7-rc4, and it looks like the
SELinux rules for xenstored -- at least the ones that come with CentOS
7 -- are outdated; they allow xenstored to open /proc/xen/privcmd
(which is deprecated), but not /dev/xen/privcmd.

Do you know where the "upstream" for these rules are, and how to get
them changed in a way that will trickle down eventually to CentOS?

As of 4.7-rc4, libxc will first try to open /dev/xen/privcmd, then
*if* it fails with a certain set of error codes, it tries
/proc/xen/privcmd instead.  Unfortunately, EACCES (the failure you get
from SELinux denials) is not one of those error codes.  If you just
add that error code in to the list of acceptable error codes, then
things work for me.

Thanks,
 -George