Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] win2008 guest cannot get ip through sriov

>>> On 02.06.16 at 12:22, <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Just from reading that I would tend to agree. But the report here is about
>> > Win2K8.
>>
>> Do you know which commit is a regression one? I try to find out the
> regression commit.  That may be helpful to find out the root cause.
>>
>> Btw, some feedback from QA team, rhel 6.4 VM  doesn't work, but rhel 7.2 VM
>> does.
>
> Isn't this at least an indication that the guest could be buggy here?
> It could also be both the hypervsior and guest have bugs. But we're just
> not sure at this point.

Indeed, and (with the many fixes that went in already) I really
suspect a combination of both, or some of the involved hypervisor
changes having unmasked some guest issue. Regardless, I'm
afraid this ought to be treated as a blocker for the release at
least until we understand what the issue is. But otoh making it a
blocker probably makes sense only if we can expect progress
(which we haven't really made for quite long a time).

Jan