Re: [Xen-devel] [for-4.7 2/2] xen/arm: Document the behavior of XENMAPSPACE_dev_mmio

Hi Stefano,

On 26/05/2016 10:18, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016, Julien Grall wrote:
On 25/05/16 14:14, Jan Beulich wrote:
Also - is Device_nGnRE a term uniform between ARM32 and ARM64?

Actually it should be Device-nGnRE to match with the spec. This has been
introduced on Armv8. Previously for Armv7, the name was "Device", although the
behavior is exactly the same.

I could say:

"ARM only; the region will be mapped in Stage-2 using the memory attribute
'Device-nGnRE' (previously named 'Device' on ARMv7)".

Small nit: I would say "the region gets mapped" or "is mapped" rather
than "will be" because that makes me think that it is a future behavior
of following Xen releases rather than the current behavior.

Good idea. I sent a v2 yesterday night [1]. So I will fix in the v3.

Acked-by: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-05/msg02490.html

--
Julien Grall