Re: [Xen-devel] Bug in x86 instruction emulator?

On 2016-05-04 18:02, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 06.04.16 at 01:38, <wogiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running Xen 4.6.1 with Alpine Linux 3.3.3 in dom0. In a HVM domU
with vga="qxl", Xorg will segfault instantly if tried started. Multiple
Linux distros have been tested and Xorg segfaults in all.

So I've been wanting to make an attempt to repro this, but qemu
keeps telling me

qemu-system-i386: -device qxl-vga,vram_size_mb=64,ram_size_mb=64:
'qxl-vga' is not a valid device model name

when I pass vga="qxl" upon guest creation. My knowledge on
qemu is limited, so I have no idea what I might be doing wrong.

Jan

When the HVM is able to boot, it should be very easy to repo, but
I can create a LiveCD that will repo, if necessary.

William Z.