Re: [Xen-devel] state of xenified SUSE kernel

>>> On 17.05.16 at 17:10, <ml-ak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We use xenified kernels based on kernel 3.4 for years and benchmarks
> showed that they are faster than the pvops (vanilla) kernels.
> But what is the current state in terms of performance and features?

I'm not sure what you expect here. Up to openSUSE 42.1 and
SLE 12 SP1 they are fully maintained, i.e. you can get quite a
bit newer than 3.4 based kernels. There's not a lot of
performance analysis that I would be aware of, so I can't
answer that part anyway. And them being release branches
rather than development ones, there's not going to be any
new feature work.

> Related question is if they have a future (at SUSE) at all? The repo
> does not have Xen patches for SLE12-SP2. Still coming? Or dropped forever?

Dropped. For the stable-xen branch I'll be maintaining the patches
for a little while, but eventually that'll stop too unless we encounter
a fatal issue on the branches that have got switched to pv-ops.

Jan