Re: [Xen-devel] unable to create domain after enabling XSM

I should add the xsm=policy option to the end of the xen.cfg instead of as an option. Sorry for the fault.

However, another problem is that when I modified the policy and reload it using 'xl loadpolicy', the policy seemed not working.

The policy I add is 'allow domU_t security_t:security check_context; allow domU_t domU_t_self:hvm gethvmc;', and it is successfully loaded.

But executing XEN_DOMCTL_gethvmcontext_partial in domU_t would still cause the following violations:

(XEN) avc:  denied  { gethvmc } for domid=1 scontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t_self tclass=hvm

Rebooting xen with the new policy doesn't work too. BTW, the domU_t I created is a HVM, I hope that is not the problem.

>>> On 16.05.16 at 17:00, <fangtuo90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually I did that, but the policy is not loaded at all. 'xl list -Z' show
> no lable on guests. It seems like that the option 'xsm=xen-policy-4.6.0' is
> ingnored during booting. (the policy file is moved to the same directory as
> xen.cfg)

If you suspect it to be ignored, then please provide logs so we
can identify _where_ it gets ignored: The early EFI loader should
be pulling it into memory (note that the respective messages will
only be visible in a serial log if you also enable serial output for
EFI itself), and then XSM should be consuming it. Which of the
two goes wrong would be quite helpful to know, the more that it
looks like this works for others (e.g. Konrad).

Jan