Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC Design Doc] Intel L2 Cache Allocation Technology (L2 CAT) Feature enabling

>>> On 12.05.16 at 11:40, <he.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> % Intel L2 Cache Allocation Technology (L2 CAT) Feature
> % Revision 1.0
>
> \clearpage
>
> Hi all,
>
> We plan to bring new PQoS feature called Intel L2 Cache Allocation
> Technology (L2 CAT) to Xen.
>
> L2 CAT is supported on Atom codename Goldmont and beyond. “Big-core”
> Xeon does not support L2 CAT in current generations.

Looks mostly like a direct (and hence reasonable) extension of what
we have for L3 right now. One immediate question I have is whether
tying this to per-socket information is a good idea. As soon as Xeon-s
would also gain such functionality, things would (aiui) need to become
per-core (as L2 is per core there iirc).

The other question is whether with Xen we care enough about Atoms
to add code that's of use only there.

Jan