Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging Xen early boot

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 01:24:26PM +0000, Zytaruk, Kelly wrote:
> I am having problems getting XEN boot messages over a serial console.
>
> I have two systems.  On one system I can see the XEN boot message over a
> serial console whereas on the other system I cannot.
>
> I physically move the same PCIe serial card and hard drive from one system to
> the other.  One system shows me the Xen boot messages and the other doesn't.
>
> My config in /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen is
> xen_args="dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0_mem=2048M,max:3072M iommu=1
> conring_size=16384 loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all com1=115200,8n1,pci
> console=com1"
>
> I put a printk at the beginning of the Linux boot and I see the Dom0 Linux
> boot messages on both systems.  So I know that the serial port works on both
> systems but for some reason I don't see the Xen messages.

Also, are there any other Serial or Communication devices on the other
machine? Could you provide the lspci -v from both machines?
It may be that there is a built-in on the motherboard (like an AMT type
thing, or IPMI SoL?)

And if you boot Linux on it, can you do 'dmesg | grep tty' to see
what it finds in terms of serial cards?