Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Memory de-duplication

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 03:55:00PM +0430, Maryam Masoudian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions about memory de-duplication in xen.
> Firstly, I want to know if this feature is available in Xen .
> If it is, how can I enable it in Xen 4.6 HVM mode.
>
> Also, if I want to do some logging or other action whenever a COW happens
> on shared memory, where should I add my codes? (is the /xen/memshr folder
> containing the memory de-duplication code)?

I don't seem to find xen/memshr, only tools/memshr -- that's the tool
for manipulating memory sharing. You might want to look into hypervsior
code arch/x86/mm/mem_sharing.c.

Note that memory sharing is not actively maintained so you might
encounter all sorts of problems and on your own to solve them.

Wei.