Re: [Xen-devel] Bug in x86 instruction emulator?

On 2016-04-06 01:57, Mihai Donțu wrote:
I don't believe the x86 emulator is complete wrt the SSE instruction
set. But I do wonder why, in your case, these instructions need
emulation at all. Unless touching the video RAM requires emulation. Can
you try using a different video driver? I see xorg picked up qxl, maybe
try vesa?

I'm not able to start Xorg with vesa driver, as manual configuration of xorg.conf is required. However, I can confirm that both modesetting and fbdev drivers work without Xorg segfaulting, even though HVM domU is configured with vga="qxl".