Re: [Xen-devel] Interested to participate in Outreachy Program

On 3/5/16 12:29 PM, sabiya kazi wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> I would like to work on the project *Rust Bindings for libxl *as a part of
> Outreachy Program 2016.
>
> I have completed my B.E in Computer engineering from Pune Institute Of
> Computer Technology, Pune, India.
>
> I am using opensource software and I would like to contribute to opensource
> community. I am interested in learning system programming and
> virtualization concepts.
>
> Can you please suggest me how to go ahead for this project and
> for submitting my first patch, can you assign a task to work upon?
>
> Regards,
> -Sabiya

Hi Sabiya,

I discussed some ideas with the Xen developers and a good project we
came up with was extending the "xl console" command to take a "-e"
option that allows the user to change the escape character. Currently
the escape sequence is hardcoded to "Ctrl-]". The input should be "-e
escapechar" where the new escape sequence is "Ctrl-escapechar". Let me
know if this makes sense and if it sounds like something you'd like to
tackle and I can follow up with your further on a test environment and
getting setup to proceed.

--
Doug Goldstein