Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG} libxl.c:5947:libxl_send_trigger: Send trigger 'reset' failed: Function not implemented

On Thu, 2016-02-11 at 09:30 +1100, Alex Braunegg wrote:
> So potentially before trying to make use of libxl__domain_pvcontrol for
> the 'xl vm-list' command to provide feedback if PV control is available,
> I will need to wait for the functionality to be exposed via an applicable
> libxl header.

Yes, exposing an internal function in the public API generally involves:

 * renaming into the libxl_foo rather than libxl__foo namespace and moving
   the prototype to libxl.h. Perhaps giving it a more "public" API friendly
   name and checking that the API is sane enough to be maintained in an API
   compatible manner going forward (this one seems simple enough to be
   sane).
 * Adjusting the function to take a libxl_ctx *ctx instead of a libxl__gc
   *gc, which involves adding GC_INIT and GC_FREE in the function itself.
   This will require ensuring the function has a single exit path which
   calls GC_FREE (see also tools/libxl/CODING_STYLE)
 * Adding a LIBXL_HAVE... to libxl.h to indicate to 3rd party applications
   that this functionality is available (nothing in xen.git should be
   conditional on this #define though)
 * Updating xl to use this new functionality

Patches welcome.

Ian.