Re: [Xen-devel] HVMlite ABI specification DRAFT A

El 5/2/16 a les 11:40, Jan Beulich ha escrit:
>> For legacy PCI interrupts, we can parse the MADT inside of Xen in order
>> to properly setup the lines/overwrites and inject the interrupts that
>> are not handled by Xen straight into the hardware domain. This will
>> require us to be able to emulate the same topology as what is found in
>> native (eg: if there are two IO APICs in the hardware we should also
>> provide two emulated ones to the hw domain).
>
> I don't think MADT contains all the needed information, or else we
> wouldn't need PHYSDEVOP_setup_gsi.

AFAICT, I think we could do something like:

 - IRQs [0, 15]: edge-trigger, low-polarity.
 - IRQs [16, n]: level-triggered, high-polarity.

Unless there's an overwrite in the MADT. Then there are interrupts that
are handled by Xen, which would not be passed-through to the hardware
domain, the rest would be.

I expect that Xen will already have some code to deal with this, since
it's also used for regular PCI-passthrough.

>> As for PCI config space accesses, don't we already do that? We trap on
>> access to the 0xcf8 io port.
>
> We intercept that, but iirc we do no translation (and for DomU
> these get forwarded to qemu anyway).

>>> In which case IOPL and AC state should perhaps also be nailed down?
>>> Possibly even all of the control ones (leaving only the status flags
>>> unspecified)?
>>
>> Status flag? Why don't we just say that all user-settable bits in the
>> status register will be set to 0 (or cleared)?
>
> Would be an option too.

AFAICT that's what we already do, so I will add it to the next iteration.