Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] support more qdisk types

On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 15:06 -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:

> > And extending
> > the structure seems to be the right thing to do.
>
> So what do you think of the approach in the RFC patch? It adds discrete knobs
> in
> the disk config and extends the disk structure similarly. Before I can make
> progress on this we need to agree on extending the config and
> libxl_device_disk
> structure.

My main concern is that this approach requires us to update libxl for each
new possible backend type.

The intention of the target= in the disk spec is that it consumes the rest
of the line so it can be used to encode pretty much anything. Is it not
possible (modulo bugs) to pass all the necessary information to qdisk in
this form? I thought Dave S had made it possible to use qdisk in this way
back in:

    commit a8a1f236a2964506a22d1779648d8e1c8668cb1a