[Xen-devel] [RFC Design Doc] Add vNVDIMM support for Xen

Hi,

The following document describes the design of adding vNVDIMM support
for Xen. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Haozhong

Content
=======
1. Background
 1.1 Access Mechanisms: Persistent Memory and Block Window
 1.2 ACPI Support
  1.2.1 NFIT
  1.2.2 _DSM and _FIT
 1.3 Namespace
 1.4 clwb/clflushopt/pcommit
2. NVDIMM/vNVDIMM Support in Linux Kernel/KVM/QEMU
 2.1 NVDIMM Driver in Linux Kernel
 2.2 vNVDIMM Implementation in KVM/QEMU
3. Design of vNVDIMM in Xen
 3.1 Guest clwb/clflushopt/pcommit Enabling
 3.2 Address Mapping
  3.2.1 My Design
  3.2.2 Alternative Design
 3.3 Guest ACPI Emulation
  3.3.1 My Design
  3.3.2 Alternative Design 1: switching to QEMU
  3.3.3 Alternative Design 2: keeping in Xen