[Xen-devel] Xen hypercall calling convention

Hi folks,

On page 12 of "The Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor", it is mentioned that "Xen, like Linux, uses the MS-DOS calling convention, rather than the UNIX convention used by FreeBSD."

I keep digging online and I can't find any information about an "MS-DOS calling convention". We've already reverse engineered which registers are used in what order from the Mini-OS source code, but I'm wondering if there's a specification of this calling convention floating anywhere.

Also, is the x86_64 calling convention much different? Are the differences following any particular standard?

Best