Re: [Xen-devel] Skylake: VT-d and other error messages

I have attached the output from 'xl dmesg' with iommu=debug apic_verbosity=debug loglvl=all

This is with 4.6.0, with the recent patch enabling mwait-idle on Skylake applied. My initial post was running the latest out of xen.git master. I may be able to try to newer code again later this week.

Eric

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 02.12.15 at 03:51, <eshelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ASRock Z170 Extreme 4 with BIOS version 2.30 was motherboard #1
> Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI with BIOS version F5 was motherboard #2
>
> As I initially reported, both were reporting the error involving f0:1f.0
>
> Not surprisingly, there are no f0:xx.y devices. The closest I suppose is:
> 00:1f.0 ISA Bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev
> 31)

Did you also check "iommu=verbose" output for occurrences of this
ID (e.g. representing an IO-APIC or HPET)?

Jan