Re: [Xen-devel] Build problems with xen 4.7

The commit that created this is :

9a6787cc3809c1e48e6fce22cacdd0def0cc2b92 x86/mm: build map_domain_gfn() just once

On 12/01/2015 09:36 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On December 1, 2015 8:19:32 AM EST, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01.12.15 at 00:37, <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When I try to build the current xen 4.7 master I get the following
error
<command-line>:0:0: error: "__OBJECT_FILE__" redefined [-Werror]
<command-line>:0:0: note: this is the location of the previous
definition
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

The problem seems to be that -D__OBJECT_FILE__= is set each time
xen/Rules.mk is called, which happens more than once because of
nested
makes resulting in multiple diffent values for -D__OBJECT_FILE__=
Considering you're the first one to have such a problem, I think the
precise compiler version you use matters here. Also the redundant
definitions shouldn't be different, and identical re-definition should
not yield a diagnostic. So I think there's a little more data you need
to supply in order to determine whether we need to adjust something.

Ccing Marcos who also saw this. Marcos do you remember the git commit that
caused this?

Thanks!
Jan

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle USA
Linux Engineering

âThe statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.â