Re: [Xen-devel] 9p file system for xen

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:19:18PM -0500, Neil Sikka wrote:
> Hi Wei, could you please explain why/how you would have done the project
> differently now and why these patches are not "good"? From my conversation
> with Linda, I understood that her code is "Independent of virtio except the
> 9pvirtio specific code, which is used extensively."

I need to implement a xen transport for 9pfs. Linda was essentially
doing the same. But she didn't specify the canonical protocol between
frontend and backend.

As for "9pvirtio specific code", I think there is misunderstanding
because though a lot of files in QEMU are prefixed with virtio they are
actually not specific to virtio at all. I think the "independent of
virtio ..." part was referring to the new transport she wrote.

Wei.