Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-mainline test] 65237: regressions - FAIL

On Mon, 2015-11-30 at 18:47 +0000, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 09:40:28AM +0000, osstest service owner wrote:
> > flight 65237 qemu-mainline real [real]
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/65237/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> > Âtest-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64ÂÂ9 debian-hvm-install fail REGR. vs.
> > 64579
> > Âtest-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-debianhvm-amd64 9 debian-hvm-install fail REGR.
> > vs. 64579
>
> In this test, qemu SIGABRT with "Bad ram offset efffd000" as an error
> message. The test started to fail when osstest started to test with a guest
> with 5000 of memory instead of 768.

That's still a QEMU and/or Xen bug though, right?

IOW you aren't trying to suggest this is an osstest bug, I think.

NB the size of the guest ram depends on the amount of host RAM available,
so this will vary across hosts.

The apparent switch to 5000 for test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64 was
from merlot1 starting in flight 65078, but there was a pass on merlot1
atÂ63741. My guess is that a change in one of the other trees between those
two has exposed the issue.

TheÂtest-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-debianhvm-amd64 case[1] started in 65147 when
it ran on nocera1, but nocera* only went into service last week and haven't
run any flights on this branch before now.

The bisector is having a look at the merlot case[2], there are some interim
progress reports on the osstest-putput list[3] (search forÂ
test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64).

Looking at the complexity of the graph it'll probably take a little while
to reach a verdict, although it does appear to be making some progress.

Ian.

[0]Â
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64/qemu-mainline.html
[1]