Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.5.0 rtds scheduler perform poorly with 2vms

Hi Meng,

Thank you so much for being this patience.

So a task set is composed of a collection of real-time tasks, and each real-time task is a sequence of jobs that are released periodically... All jobs are periodic, where each job Ti is defined by a period (and deadline) pi and a worse-case execution time ei, with pi â ei â 0 and pi, ei â integers. Each job is comprised of a number of iterations of floating point operations during each job. This is based on the base task.c provided with the LITMUSRT userspace library.

So in a tasks set, there are many tasks, and in each tasks, there are a sequence of jobs, if any job misses deadline, then the whole taskset is qualified as failed to be schedulable.Â

Thank you

Victor

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Meng Xu <xumengpanda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dario & Meng,
>
> Thanks for your analysis!
>
> VM1 and VM2 both are given 8 vCPUs and sharing physical CPU 0-7. So in
> theory,"VM1 can get the services of 400%"
> And yes, Dario, your explanation about the task utilization is correct.
>
> So the resource configuration as I mentioned before is:
>
> for xen-credit : 2vms (both vm are given 8 vCPUs) sharing 8 cores (cpu 0-7)
> using credit scheduler(both with weight of 800 and capacity of 400)
> for xen-rtds: 2 vms (both vm are given 8 vCPUs) sharing 8 cores (cpu0-7)
> using RTDS (both with period of 10000 and budget of 5000)
> In both setup, dom0 is using 1 core from cpu 8-15
>
> In both setup:
>
> I loaded VM2 with constant running task with total utilization of 4 cores.
> and in VM1 I run iterations of tasks of total utilization rate of 1 cores, 2
> cores, 3 cores, 4 cores, and then record their schedulbility.
>
> Attached is the result plot.
>

> I have tried with the newest litmust-rt, and rtxen is still performing
> poorly.

What is the characteristics of tasks you generated? When a taskset
miss ddl., which task inside miss deadline?

Meng