Re: [Xen-devel] Nested HVM in xen-unstable tests

[Hu, Robert]

Thanks Ian letting us know about this.
Where can I find the related xen/qemu/dom0 kernel information?

> If you would like to avoid this feature regressing, you probably want
> to figure out what is wrong and send patches to fix it.  In the
> meantime, the test will continue to fail in osstest but this will
> not block pushes and will not impede anyone else's work.

[Hu, Robert]

I thought the test failure would block related patches getting accepted.

> The primary failure symptom detected by osstest is visible here:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/64750/test-amd64-amd64-
> qemuu-nested/16.ts-debian-hvm-install.log
>
> Near the end:
>
>   ssh: connect to host 172.16.146.31 port 22: No route to host
>
> Searching for 172.16.146.31 from the top of that log shows this:
>
>   2015-11-19 16:24:15 Z guest l1.guest.osstest: 5a:36:0e:ee:00:15
> 172.16.146.31
>
> So, at some point during the L2 install, the L1 has fallen off the
> network.  "No route to host" almost certainly means it has stopped
> responding to ARP requests.
>
> The L1's `serial console' log (actually, the log captured by the L0 on
> the L1' emulated serial port) is here:
>

> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/64750/test-amd64-amd64-
> qemuu-nested/rimava0---var-log-xen-osstest-serial-l1.guest.osstest.log
>
> That shows
>
>   (XEN) *** Serial input -> Xen (type 'CTRL-x' three times to switch input to
> DOM0)
>
> which is a result of ts-logs-capture sending it the debug keys (which
> you can see here
>

> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/64750/test-amd64-amd64-
> qemuu-nested/17.ts-logs-capture.log
>
>   2015-11-19 16:27:33 Z spawning ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o
> BatchMode=yes -o ConnectTimeout=100 -o ServerAliveInterval=100 -o
> PasswordAuthentication=no -o ChallengeResponseAuthentication=no -o
> UserKnownHostsFile=tmp/t.known_hosts_64750.test-amd64-amd64-qemuu
> -nested root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 'cat >/root/64750.test-amd64-amd64-qemuu-nested.l1.guest.osstest.serial.i
> n'
>   2015-11-19 16:27:33 Z xenuse sending request for input to Xen
>
> So the L1 hasn't completely crashed.
[Hu, Robert]

Yes. Let me try to reproduce this after you tell me the Xen/qemu/dom0
version/commit id.

> During the log capture, ossstest correctly diagnoses that the L1 is
> unreachable.  osstest would then normally `power cycle' the `host',
> but in the version of osstest used for this test, that functionality
> is broken.  This was fixed in my recent set of patches which have
> passed the osstest push gate, and we will soon start to see test
> reports which are using the fixed version.
[Hu, Robert]

OK. Thanks.