Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create Stubdomains with NIC(s) - Xen 4.5.2

On Mon, 2015-11-16 at 14:36 +0100, Peter Schmid wrote:
> so xl list has only dom0 in the output:
>
> xl list
> NameÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIDÂÂÂMem VCPUsÂÂÂÂÂÂStateÂÂÂ
> Time(s)
> (null)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ1024ÂÂÂÂÂ8ÂÂÂÂÂr-----ÂÂÂÂÂ
> 230.7

The "(null)" here instead of "Domain 0" is another indicator that your
initscripts are not correctly up to date. In particular it appears that
"xen-init-dom0" has not been called.

How are you installing Xen? From source or from distro packages?

> Can you point me to the Patch which was backported to 4.5?

If I understood Wei correctly it was backported to 4.5.1 and therefore is
already in the 4.5.2 release which you are using.

Ian.