Re: [Xen-devel] [VOTE] Release cycle scheme

On 09/11/2015 11:50, "Wei Liu" <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:24:59AM +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:

>>day of
>>months

>> >For the record, Jan and I had a conversation on IRC. This -1 was cast
>>on
>> >-2...+2 scale and he changed it to -0 (against but non-blocking) to fit
>> >in our governance.
>> >
>> >Wei.
>>
>> It appears then, that we have a consensus and all stake-holders have
>> voted. I think in future, it may be good to paste snippets of clarifying
>> IRC conversation into the mail thread.
>>

>That conversation was a bit long to paste in so I just stated the
>conclusion.

ACK

>Most people agreed the fixed date arrangement is a good idea, so I would
>go for end of March cut-off date.

ACK

>> We should probably also write a blog post and update/create information
>>on
>> the wiki. Am willing to volunteer to put the latter together.
>>

>As for blog post, I will try to come up with something after I finish my
>email to xen-devel.

Ping me when you are done. As I am in the process of updating the Xen
Project Contributor training material, I will include the new scheme and
dates. I also wanted to update http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap
&
http://xenproject.org/developers/teams/hypervisor/hypervisor-roadmap.html
accordingly. You can then refer back to it in the blog post. It is likely
to be picked up by the Register again, so we should run this past
Zibby/Sarah via publicity@.

Lars