Re: [Xen-devel] xsm_pci_config_permission() placement

On 05/10/15 10:04, Jan Beulich wrote:
Daniel,

now that we have MMCFG write intercepts in place, wouldn't it make
sense to move that hook invocation into pci_conf_write_intercept()
for the write case, so that it also covers MMCFG-based writes?

Thanks, Jan

Yes, I think this would be a good idea.  The read check wouldn't be
covered, but I think the protections of that XSM hook are only really
important on writes.  The read check could also be duplicated as a
more conservative alternative.

--
Daniel De Graaf
National Security Agency