Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Survey on release cycle

On 12/10/15 18:32, Wei Liu wrote:
> Hi all
>
> <snip>
>
> Please express your preference with -2 (strongly argue against), -1
> (not happy but not against), +1 (happy but won't argue for) and +2
> (happy and argue for).

With my XenServer hat on, the precise release doesn't matter too much.
For a XenServer release, we will choose something (generally lastest
stable-X.Y) and freeze on it, with only targeted bug/security fixes
being backported later on.

However, with my upstream hat on, we do have a problem, and changing the
release cadence seems to be a plausible experiment to investigate fixing it.

> # 6 months release cycle + current stable release scheme
> # 6 months release cycle + LTS scheme

+1 to either of these.

> # 9 months release cycle + current stable release scheme

-1

> Don't change anything.

-1

~Andrew