Re: [Xen-devel] does cpu_down makes brings core to deepest sleep state?

>>> On 25.10.15 at 09:59, <hamedrostamzade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I modified Xen kernel to turn off the core number 1 from 80th second to
> 100th.
> In 80th second I use cpu_down which is implemented in /xen/common/cpu.c to
> turn off the 1st core. But, as you can see in below, the core does not be
> in C4 idle state shile have almost 20 second CC6 state residency.
>  Was the core in this 20 second period turned off ?
> C0 residency demonstrate that in the period CPU 1 was in C0 all the time!
> How it is possible to be in C0 and being in CC6 simultaneously?!

But the C0 numbers didn't change - how did you conclude it was in
C0? Fact is - once offlined, no software statistics are being kept for
a CPU; CC6 statistics are being maintained by (and hence read from
hardware), and hence that number changing seems quite natural.

Jan