Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-4.1 test] 63030: regressions - FAIL

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-4.1 test] 63030: regressions -
FAIL"):
> FWIW I believe the source dom0's ARP entry will be dropped when the VIF
> device is destroyed.
> For Linux bridging I believe it happens at the latest when the vif device
> is deleted, or possibly when it is removed from the bridge (i.e. earlier).

In that case when there is only one physical host, the gratuitous ARP
should not matter.  Since if a switch sees a frame destined for a MAC
address that isn't in its forwarding table, it must forward it to
every port.

Ian.