Re: [Xen-devel] Openstack on ARM64

CC'ing xen-devel and Anthony

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015, suresh knv wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I am starting xencommons after the boot explicitly and also xl list
> works fine it is showing as below.
>
> ubuntu@arm64:~$ sudo xl list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs State Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0 16384     1     r-----
> 1056.9
>
> and one more thing I have installed xen from source I have compiled
> the source and copied the xen to sda1 and then installed xen tools. I
> was searching for xen installation with ubuntu and found that
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen
> link he was asking to change some network settings and use bridge
> which i haven't done. Probably this can be the issue?

Maybe. It is advisable to create a bridge named "xenbr0" in dom0:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Host_Configuration/Networking

The quick and dirty way is:

brctl addbr xenbr0
brctl addif xenbr0 eth0
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 # loose network
dhclient xenbr0

Anthony, do you have any other ideas? strace attached from Suresh's
previous email.