Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6, OVMF and arm64

On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 14:51 +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> I am very practical in this regard and I just don't want the raisin
> build to fail on arm64 with xen 4.6.  We could have a different raisin
> config file, with a different ovmf revision for Xen 4.6 on arm64, but I
> would prefer to avoid it: I think it is nicer and simpler if one config
> file per Xen release was provided, no matter the underlying arch.
> In other words ovmf is built separately on raisin on x86 too, but I
> would prefer if we used the same ovmf revision for all archs.

Please bear in mind that what you are asking is has consequences outside of
raisin which are not necessarily simple.

Right now we do not having a branching strategy for ovmf, so cherry-picking
fixes for aarch64 means someone would need to come up with one and
implement it. There are also the implications which Wei raised.

Based on Wei's comments regarding support from upstream it seems like we
should probably just pull ovmf forward to something newer (~= current
tested master based on x86 testing) for 4.6.1.

Ian.