Re: [Xen-devel] Kbuild and Kconfig

>>> On 18.09.15 at 21:31, <cardoe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So locally I have in the xen/ (the hypervisor) "make menuconfig" working
> but I'd likely address any concerns you might have upfront in the
> patches. Effectively the xen/ directory now when built runs "make
> defconfig" before it builds to generate the configuration. The default
> configs I've used match what the tree currently contains. However you
> expressed interest in having from the top level certain variables
> controlled from that level like debug. I can pretty easily make it that
> the effective command line is "make debug=y/1/n/0 defconfig" and that
> would set CONFIG_DEBUG appropriately. If that's desired I can also
> include that. Are there other flags that it would be desirable to have
> them controllable from the top level?

First of all I think top level settings should only be used to set values
that currently have no setting at all in .config (or however you intend
to name that file). And then I think all top level setting currently
effectable via make command line option and affecting the hypervisor
build) should be treated the same.

Jan