Re: [Xen-devel] [osstest test] 60719: tolerable FAIL - PUSHED

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [osstest test] 60719: tolerable FAIL -
PUSHED"):
> I suspect this is down to:
>
>     root@lace-bug    :/etc/libvirt# cat /etc/hosts
>     127.0.0.1             localhost
>     127.0.1.1             lace-bug.xs.citrite.net         lace-bug

This is simply wrong.  It means that when programs on the host try to
find the host's own IP address starting with its host name, they get
different (and wrong) answers to programs on other hosts.

I can see why D-I wants to do this but in our setup it is simply
entirely wrong.  Is there a way to suppress this (from preseed
maybe) ?

> Overall I'm not sure what to do here. The Debian config seems a bit odd,
> but I'm not sure if it is actually "wrong". OTOH I'm not sure how libvirt
> could be changed to work in this scenario.

It might be possible to work around this in libvirt, but this is by no
means libvirt's fault.

Ian.