Re: [Xen-devel] Status of HVM improvements, support of recent technologies and request for some tips

> On 4 Aug 2015, at 09:21, Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> New windows pv driversseems to be well alignedwith several
>> improvements.
>> I found many bugs at the beginning but thanks to Paul Durrant have been
>> resolved quickly.
>> Will be an official xen project build withsigned drivers out there?
>>

> The Xen Project does not have the necessary agreements with Microsoft to
> create logo signed drivers. Citrix, however, does and our aim is to create a
> set of PV drivers based closely on the Xen Project source and that should
> function on any Xen installation, not just XenServer (although, of course we
> couldn't 'support' that use as such).

Paul, do you think it would be worthwhile to pursue getting agreements between
the project / Linux Foundation and Microsoft?
Microsoft is a member of various Linux Foundation open source projects and has
been getting more friendly towards open source projects lately. So it is
conceivable that this is doable.

As far as I can tell, the following agreements would need to be signed
* Windows Certification Program Testing Agreement
* Windows Logo License Agreement

Also not sure whether there would be any fees/subscriptions necessary (which
may be a problem). Of course it is possible that there would be issues, which
would prevent the project / LF from participating in Microsofts driver signing
program.

> Also, because XenServer's QA group subject the drivers to a lot of testing,
> and because they are built from largely unmodified upstream Xen Project
> source, I will aim to tag an upstream release candidate of each driver once
> XenServer QA results are looking clean.

I think that is a good start.

Lars