Re: [Xen-devel] Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen - version 4

On 19/08/2015 20:07, Shannon Zhao wrote:
and I
don't think the domid field needs an explanation TBH.

Within the register, check if the device is newly added, then call
hypercall XENMEM_add_to_physmap to map the mmio regions.

For PCI bus device, it could reuse the existing PCI bus_notifier like
X86.

What is a PCI bus_notifier? I don't see any mention of bus_notifier in
Xen code.

I thought You konw what I mean here. If not, what should I do! Yeah, as
you said, I will change the description.

Please remember that not everyone on the mailing list knows how work the internal of linux is working. The goal of the design doc is to explain to them in simple way what we are planning to do.

But I want to say that the purpose of this document is to explain some
important implementation details for ACPI support on ARM, which have
some divergence before. I don't hope this doc to be official but I do
hope this lets us reach an agreement on the approach before respinning
the patches. If we focus on the words or description or even
word-splitting, it doesn't help to make this move on!

I think you misunderstood what is the design doc. It's an high level
description about what will be implemented and official.

If people doesn't understand what you meant in the design doc, I don't see how they will be able to check that what you've implemented will be match what we agree. So the wording, description ... is really important.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall