Re: [Xen-devel] Second regression due to libxl: Remove linux udev rules (2ba368d13893402b2f1fb3c283ddcc714659dd9b)

El 12/08/15 a les 16.09, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk ha escrit:
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 04:58:57PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
>> El 07/08/15 a les 16.54, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk ha escrit:
>>> Ok. I hadn't run your patch yet. Do you want me to run the latest staging
>>> instead once more with my test-case?
>>
>> Yes please, 40s in my test case seemed to be fine.
>
> I get inconsistent values. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
>
> I will try 120 on my test-bed :-(

Thanks, this is not unexpected. IMHO the best way to solve this would be
to make the hotplug timeout settable by the user by adding a new option
to xl.conf:

hotplug_timeout=40

Allowing the user to set it to -1 in order to remove the timeout if desired.

This however seems too intrusive IMHO at this point in the release, so I
would argue for just increasing the default timeout to a suitable value.
Konrad do you have any suggestions?

Roger.