Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Pass-through in Xen ARM: Draft 4

>>> On 14.08.15 at 16:45, <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 14/08/15 15:37, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>> If you are thinking of Windows for ARM64, there isn't one yet.  When/if
>> it will become available, there are going to be a number of issues to
>> address before we can run it as a guest on Xen on ARM with the current
>> architecture which doesn't do emulation. I am hopeful that we'll be able
>> to have a discussion on ABI issues such as this one.
>
> It may be worth to read [1] where the Xen ARM architecture is explained.
>
> Regards,
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions_whitepaper

Neither Stefano's nor your reply really make a lot of sense to me: I
realize you currently require a cooperating guest, but when
designing something like pass-through it would seem natural to me to
try to allow for other guest kinds in the future.

Jan