Re: [Xen-devel] Hotpatch construction and __LINE__

>>> On 05.08.15 at 15:25, <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan had a plan to make Xen read its own DWARF symbol table rather than
> using the current cludge we have where we partially link Xen, extract
> the public symbol table, rewrite symbol-offsets.c and relink it onto the
> end.

Either I mis-expressed this, or you mis-remember: I'm in no way
intending to use DWARF information. What I want to use is the
_full_ ELF / COFF symbol table instead of nm output (which has
quite a bit of interesting information discarded).

> Perhaps there is an opportunity to piggy-back onto that and have all
> file/line references coming from the DWARF information.  I suspect this
> will be similar to what Linux does, as it already has support for using
> its own DWARF/STABS information.

I'm curious where you found this as I'm unaware of such
functionality. Recently they even decided to discard all
.eh_frame / .dwarf_frame generating annotations the
compiler can't itself generate.

Jan