Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 1/2] xen/mm: Clarify the granularity for each Frame Number

On 05/08/15 12:40, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> I think a section about granularity is worthwhile, but probably a
> separate paragraph.  I think it is also worth keeping Xen's idea of
> memory all at 4K, and in cases where 64K is in use, require appropriate
> alignment in the parameter.

Which would confuse the reader because PFN which, based on the
description, is the OS Frame Number. This frame will always be in the
granularity of the OS.

So we need to introduce the concept of in each definition. This patch
makes clear that MFN and GFN is always 4KB and PFN may vary.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall