Re: [Xen-devel] Second regression due to libxl: Remove linux udev rules (2ba368d13893402b2f1fb3c283ddcc714659dd9b)

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 15:47 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I launch a bunch of guests at the same time or in parallel and
> the scripts end up timing out with:

Are you sure you have cleaned out all the old udev .rules files? If any of
those are still present then you will get both sets competing to drive
things and they will conflict and cause this sort of breakage.

Perhaps we should put back the hacks which nobble the udev case for another
release? i.e. the thing which writes the path (but unconditional in
xencommons) and the bit in the hotplug scripts which gates on it, but still
remove the .rules files. That's only delaying the inevitable though, since
upgrades to 4.7 will have the same issue.

Perhaps in the scripts themselves:

if [ -n "${UDEV_CALL}" ] ; then
        error "called through udev, please remove stale udev rules files"
fi

relying on the (stale) 4.5 rules file having the UDEV_CALL=1 in them.

Ian.