Re: [Xen-devel] Regression in OSSTest Windows install test case

Il 15/07/2015 16:57, Wei Liu ha scritto:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 03:55:24PM +0100, Paul Durrant wrote:
[...]
Here is the config I use (slightly modified from the one in OSSTest). No
setting with regard to video card, so it should be the cirrus.

Cirrus driver is not available for windows 7, support of it is near abandonment in upstream if I remember good what I read one year ago (or more) in qemu-devel, is better use stdvga instead in windows >=vista. A had also strange graphic and performance problem with cirrus on windows 7 2-3 years ago, since then I have not set the cirrus on vm windows 7.
Try to vga="stdvga"

---
name        = 'win'
memory = 512
^^^^ Wow. That's ambitious for Windows 7!

I notice that too. But the installation seems to finish in a reasonable
time. :-P

Years ago on my tests system with few ram I tried to decrease ram as possible but I saw that with windows 7 (even if 32 bit) with < 1 gb made occasional problems that wasted my tests. About performance for run tests (after windows install even if basic) 2 gb of ram at least is needed for don't waste large amount of time on massive numbers of tests. I saw many occasional windows tests fail on "[Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] ....: regressions - FAIL" that I was unable to reproduce doing same tests (windows install, shutdown, save/restore) and that blocked push for days even if I not saw "real bug/regression" was found. If these are only caused by "bad" xl cfg values rare to find on real users domUs I think is bad and should be improved.

Wei.