Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting for freeze exception for VT-d posted-interrupts

>>> On 13.07.15 at 08:55, <feng.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are two main outstanding issues so far:
> 1. Jan's security concern. I have proposed some solutions but Jan still has
> some problems with my proposals. It would be great if Jan can give a clear
> proposal so that we can discuss and keep making progress.

My proposal was quite clear: The functionality remains experimental,
default off until you can come up with a satisfactory model here.
Giving the impression that I'm the one to propose a model is simply
inadequate: You want the functionality in, so it's primarily you who
should find an implementation that's free of (latent) security issues.
While in general other maintainers may help with this, implying that
if they can't suggest a suitable model code with recognized potential
for security problems can go in _and_ become supported is wrong.

Jan