Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting for freeze exception for ARM/ITS patches

On Fri, 2015-07-10 at 12:01 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >     I would like to have freeze exception for ITS feature on ARM64.
> > Design got freeze few weeks back and I have sent v4 version of patch series
> > today.
> >
> > This patches will not impact any generic code of other platforms and have
> > minor
> > changes generic arm related code. Also these patches are only for
> > ARM64 platform.
> >
> > These patches are pre-requisite for PCI support / Pass-through support
> > on ARM64 platforms.
>
> But what good will it do for the release when it's only a prereq for
> further work?

I think this may have been true of v3 but I think it is underselling v4.
AFAICT with the final patch in v4 Xen will actually be capable of
booting on a ThunderX platform and starting guests. It will simply lack
PCI passthrough capabilities (as do all ARM platforms today).

I think that's a reasonable thing to try and get into 4.6.

Ian.