[Xen-devel] [BUG] Xen live migration dom0 memory

Hello,

I already posted on the xen-users list and Ian told me to post a bug
report here. We have the following problem:

When I start a migration with "xl migrate <vm> <destination>" the
destination machine sets up a vm "<vm>--incoming" and seems to sync
memory because "xl list" shows "Mem" for the incoming vm going up
stepwise until 2048. After that though the vm doesn't get launched. The
vm is frozen for about a minute, the dom0 begins swapping out the 2GB to
disk (because it only has 512M available for itself) and a process

/usr/lib/xen-4.5/bin/libxl-save-helper --restore-domain

takes about 90% of the dom0 memory. After that the vm ist launched,
memory consumption goes back to normal, swap space is freed.

I attached several log and output files in xen_bug_report.txt. In
particular Ian wanted to see the pmap of the save helper process which
you can find at the end of the file taken during several phases of the
migration process.

Thank you,
Alex

--
Alexander HÃmmerle

Epiontis GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 29
12489 Berlin
Germany

Phone: +49 30 63923478
Fax:   +49 30 63923476
eMail:Alexander.Haemmerle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW:www.epiontis.com

GeschÃftsfÃhrer:
Dr. Ulrich HoffmÃller
Sven Olek, PhD
Helge Riemer

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
HRB 88858

Diese E-Mail kÃnnte  vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschÃtzte
Informationen enthalten. Falls Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtÃmlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht erlaubt.

e-mail is strictly forbidden.