Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] xen physical addressïpaddrïand machine address (maddr)

Sorry for the unproper behaviors.

 2015-06-29, Mon, 20:57:41 ,Ian Campbell ï
On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 18:35 +0800, xinyue wrote: Please don't top post. Please have another read of hte Etiquette section of http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Asking_Xen_Devel_Questions . > Thanks very muchïI think it‘s very helpful and I'll try it. > > Does "for an arbitrary guest page it is unlikely to be from the > xenheap" means that some guest pages can't be mapped to xen heap page?
Any given page is either a domheap page or a xenheap page, so there is no mapping in the sense you seem to be thinking of.

So , the domheap pages and xenheap pages are both controled by xen? The guest pages can be mapped to domheap pages and we can monitor these pages in xen hypervisor to see the content of guest pages?

> And I wonder in HVM doms with EPT supported, is there any difference > if I won't monitor guest domains memory regions? I'm afraid I don't understand the question.

And sorry for the type error.I mean in HVM doms with EPT supported, is there any difference if I want monitor guest domains memory regions in xen hypervisor? Maybe the functions which translate guest virtual address to xen virtual address.